Lightning Strike
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lightning Strike

A fun APH RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Antonio Fernandez Carriedo/Spain Application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CheerfulSpaniard

Antonio Fernandez Carriedo/Spain Application Empty
PostSubject: Antonio Fernandez Carriedo/Spain Application   Antonio Fernandez Carriedo/Spain Application EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:38 am

~Your Character~

Antonio Fernandez Carriedo/Spain Application Tumblr_lzlvfnAwiC1roh21ho1_500

Name: Antonio Fernandez Carriedo
Birthday: February 12
Country of Origin: Spain
Floor in the building: 7th
How long they've lived in the building: A year and 7 months
Job: Dancer, but only when he can acquire a job.
Powers: Super human Speed, and Plant Manipulation

Appearance: Antonio was blessed with a natural tan all over his body; the kind that everyone wanted to have. On top of his head was a mop of short, curly, dark brown hair that never seemed to stay tamed. It was almost like he had multiple cow licks all over his head. His eyes were a bright, forest green (unlike a certain Briton he knew) and conveyed every emotion that invaded his mind. His lips seemed to always be pulled up into a smile, his cheeks never getting a rest. He stood at about 6’1”, not exactly towering over others, but still proud of his height. In his teenage years, when he got his growth spurt, it allowed him to intimidate others.

Antonio never had the best dress sense. In fact, he didn’t really have a fashion sense at all. He seemed to only own t-shirts and plain jeans, but it wasn’t like he needed to impress everyone on a daily basis. He liked to believe that comfort came before appearance. Due to his job, he did have a few nice articles of clothing, but they weren’t something he wore on a day to day basis. His body was well toned from all the dancing he does; especially in his legs. And because of his tough childhood, full of fighting and working with his hands, his upper body was well toned as well. He tried to stay as fit as possible because it was the only way he could get a job; no one wanted a flabby dancer.

Personality: Many people would say that Antonio was pretty annoying, with his constant smiling and laughing and cheerful demeanor. But he really was a caring individual. He can’t help but want to open his heart to others in times of need. With a cheerful smile and laugh, he gravitated towards people who seemed to need ‘cheering up’ the most. Not that it always helped; he was a bit of an airhead. He was impervious to ‘reading the atmosphere’ as many said.

But because of how he was in the past, all his ‘demons’ weren’t completely vanquished. He still had times where he was unable to control his anger and ended up lashing out on other. It happened mostly when the things he owned were touched by others. On other occasions, his ‘other side’ was drawn out because of too much alcohol. He loved to go drinking with friends, but he couldn’t go too far. Otherwise he was unmanageable.

-Friends
-Family
-Gardening
-Tomatoes
-Dancing
-Children
-Music
Dislikes: (At least 5)
-Rain
-Cloudy Days
-Having no Tomatoes
-Fighting
-Those who don’t seem to like being happy

Any other information: I’m pretty sure that’s it!

History:
Antonio grew up with a normal family; an older brother that he loved but didn’t really get along with, and a mother and father who loved him dearly. They owned a tomato vineyard, so he grew to love the red fruit almost too much. Most people would probably get tired of it, since they were surrounded by it, but his love only grew as he aged. They weren’t the wealthiest family, but they had just enough to get by.

However, even though he had a great life, Antonio wasn’t always the best kid. He fought a lot not only with his brother, but with the other kids in his city. He had a very huge possessive streak in him, and felt that whatever others had should also belong to him. He ‘ran with the wrong crowd’ as some people would say, making it his personal job to terrorize those who were his age and sometimes even older. Every day he would leave upset, and come back with bruises, scraps, cuts. His parents were getting tired of having to deal with him, dubbing him a ‘tiny conquistador’, since he took and didn’t give.

But he started to change when his family adopted a small Italian boy. Antonio felt that he needed to try to be a good role model, since he was older. Heck , his brother wasn’t always the best to him, so he decided that maybe he needed to change. He clung to the boy (despite his rough demeanor) and treated him like his own. When poverty hit his family, they had to give the boy away, breaking his heart. He would miss the surly Italian that grew to be like his little brother. He wasn’t sure if he would find the boy again, but in the back of his mind he hoped he would. He grew too attached.

When he was old enough, he got a job away from the family business so that they could have a better income. He was out walking when he saw a group of older men and women gathered around outside a café. But what were drawing him close were the music and the laughter. As he entered the circle, his eyes fell on a woman who was gliding and twirling, lost in the music. He was captivated, and before he knew it, he was being pulled into the circle to dance as well. It wasn’t the best, but he soon found that he loved it. After that day, he couldn’t keep his feet from moving to any music around him, even the music in his head. It was a great way to let out frustrations. Soon, after a few months of teaching himself and watching others, he found that he was just as good as a professional dancer. He didn’t go to school for it since he couldn’t afford it, but he was hired by small restaurants that tourists frequented and performed for them. It wasn’t a stable job, and he wasn’t getting a stable income, but it helped a bit, and it was something that he loved.

In Spain, there were many people who knew how to dance just as well, so Antonio decided to move away and try to find something better. That led him to England. The small island needed some Spanish flare, he felt, and that was what he was going to give them. It was the same as in Spain, finding small jobs here and there, but he loved it (despite the rain).

Details of their powers: Super Speed: Antonio was always nimble on his feet due to his dancing, but this was very different. It was close to being invisible, having the ability to show up in less than a second anywhere he wanted to be. It had a limit in that he did get tired if he used it way too much.

Geokinesis: The power to control and manipulate many different forms of earth; rocks, dirt, lava, stone. It isn't limited to those things already pulled from the earth. And since metal is from the earth, he has the ability to manipulate that as well. But he mostly just uses it to help his plants. The more mineral-rich the soil is, the better his tomatoes grow.

RP Sample: (preferably one for the forum but definitely for your character)
Antonio walked into the wide room, walls decorated with full length mirrors, and wood floors smooth and polished. It was a small job, but it was something to help.

He had been hired to help teach a dance class to children, which was a challenge. Anyone older than the age of 10 who was taking a dance class would only be there because they wanted it. Children were little balls of energy and hardly paid attention to their parents. But it would be rewarding. Antonio loved working with children.

He was the first one there, wanting to set a good impression on the teacher and hope that he would get hired again. He sat his jacket down and started to stretch. Knowing the size of the class meant that he would need to be able to move quickly and catch the little people; their tiny legs made them fast.

Bending over, he stretched out his back and thighs, touching his toes and sighing in relief. It was relaxing to release all the tension, having been coped up on a bus to get over here. He looked at the clock when he came back up. 20 minutes before everyone should be arriving. He’d better get a call back after all of this since he was going above and beyond for this one time job.

~OOC~

Name:Uhh...Spain or Tonio can work~
Timezone/Country: -5GMT /Eastern US Time
A little about yourself:Um…I’m extremely nice…maybe too nice? And I act like a kid. Also I am just as airheaded as Spain…so don’t make fun of me too much.
Anything Else?: I like the Rainbow. Why pick one color? (red would be number 1 I guess) Also Please tell me what need's fixing. I'm very self conscious about my roleplaying...

Back to top Go down
CheerfulSpaniard

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Fernandez Carriedo/Spain Application   Antonio Fernandez Carriedo/Spain Application EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:49 pm

Um...I don't know if I'm cut out to be in this rp...so even though I applied, I'd like to try and take it back. I have a feeling I'm far too inexperienced to be a part of this.

Sorry for wasting your time, but thanks for letting me try.

(I wasn't sure what else to do but put a post on my thread...)
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Fernandez Carriedo/Spain Application   Antonio Fernandez Carriedo/Spain Application EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 12:45 am

I know, it took me far too long to get to this (disgustingly long) :< I don't know why you should want to, we liked you! But if you're sure...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Fernandez Carriedo/Spain Application   Antonio Fernandez Carriedo/Spain Application Empty

Back to top Go down

Antonio Fernandez Carriedo/Spain Application
Page 1 of 1