Lightning Strike
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lightning Strike

A fun APH RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Herakles Karpusi // Greece Application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Herakles Karpusi

Herakles Karpusi

Herakles Karpusi // Greece Application Empty
PostSubject: Herakles Karpusi // Greece Application   Herakles Karpusi // Greece Application EmptySat May 12, 2012 2:09 pm

Herakles Karpusi

Hopefully the image works (I can't really tell. My internet's being derpy). If it doesn't I'll try and fix it. Let me know.

Herakles Karpusi // Greece Application Hetalia__greece_by_momothesuperpeach-d3bdf69

Name: Herkales Karpusi (I am aware that some people spell it with a 'c'. I prefer this spelling, though)
Birthday: 3rd of February
Country of Origin: Greece
Floor in the building: 4th Floor
How long they've lived in the building: 3 weeks (long enough to feel comfortable in the building, but not really knowing anyone)
Job: Archaeologist

Powers:
Cat-like-qualities (occasionally appearance)
Mind connection

Appearance:
Physical Appearance:
Herkales stands at 6 foot, or 182.88 cm, making him slightly tall. His hair is a warm brown, a mess of curls upon his head, which ends just above his shoulders. There's also this strange fountain-spout curl on the top of his head, which never seems to grow. It has always been there, and Herkales doesn't really understand why it's there. His eyes are a sea-green, with just a tiny hint of blue, if you know where to look. Being Greek, his skin is a natural olive tone, than has forever been tanned, as Herkales enjoys working outdoors. He's well built, having worked on many archaeological digs, and from working out from time to time.

Dress sense:
Never really being a man of fashion, Herkales prefers comfortable clothes. Usually, he sticks to casual pants and a tee, but upon moving to England, he has started to wear shirts underneath his normal tee, and often he'll have a jacket on too. On the occasion he does wear something more formal, it tends still to be relaxed, which suits Herkales just fine. Occasionally, he'll wear a white beret, as something a bit different. And as for shoes... well, Herkales prefers not to wear them. But he'll opt for sneakers or boots, depending on what he needs.

Personality:
Herkales is a relatively quiet man, often lost in his own thoughts. He has no problem speaking to others, though, and can be both a good listener, and a good conversationalist. He usually gets along with people, as long as they're not Turkish. He doesn't tend to show a lot of emotion, but can be expressive when the time calls for it. He tends to have a relaxed attitude, following the example of the cats that seem to gravitate toward him. He enjoys telling people about his work, and his knowledge on Greek history is impressive.

Herkales is generally polite and caring, and a good friend to have. He enjoys spending time with people, and always respects the opinions, ideas and boundries of others. Again, unless they're Turkish. He has a real problem with Turks. He hasn't really met many international people before, and moving into the building means that Herkales gets the chance he always wanted; to learn about other cultures. It was part of the reason he became an archaeologist; it combined his love of history and other cultures. He can be quite thoughtful and philosophical, often pondering the unanswered questions in life, shaping his morals. Herkales only shares these ideas with those who ask. Actually, ask Herkales anything and he'll probably answer. He doesn't like hiding things.

-Cats - Herkales' favourite animal. He likes animals in general, but cats will always have a place in his heart. And groups of strays have followed him since... well; as far back as he can remember.

-Sleeping- [i]No matter how much he sleeps, Herkales is always tired. (It adds to his relaxed nature) You'll often find hip taking naps, sometimes when he's not supposed to.

-Philosophy- Herkales has always been a thinker, and when his mother taught him about some of the great philosophers of the past, he decided to try it as well. He is often pondering these things.

-History- Another gift from his mother was his love of history. Herkales' mother taught him about Ancient Greece, and he decided early on that he wanted to know more about the past, not only about Greece, but the world.

-Meeting new people- Meeting new people means a chance to draw on others' experiences, learn about the world and just being with another person. It is the prospect of exchanging with another person that Herkales enjoys.

Dislikes:
-Turks- This sources from three things. 1. All the wars his mother told him the Greek people had with Turkey
2. A very mean Turkish boy that lived down the road from him. The boy bullied Herkales until the boy moved away.
3. His mother, whom he loved dearly, was killed by a Turkish man.

-Cold- [i]He's from Greece. Safe to say, the cold is not something he's used to.

-Hurt animals (especially cats)- [i]Herkales has a soft spot for all animals. So seeing them hurt is one of his worst fears. It's why he tries not to push away the strays that follow him.

-Disregard of other's opinions- Branches of from his philosophical musings, Herkales believes everyone is entitled to their opinions, and that ignoring them is not only rude, but wrong. He believes that we all have our own ideas for a reason, and that it is important they are heard and taken into consideration.

-Forcing people- Again, from his musings, Herkales has a strong belief in free will. To take that away from a person is wrong and cruel. Even if it's not physically forcing someone, making a person feel that they have no choice is not right.

Any other information:
Herkales usually has a group of strays following him. Although, they don't go into buildings, they wait until he returns. He doesn't have a pet cat (partially because I don't know whether he's allowed to), but has considered adopting one from the pound.

History:
Herkales was always a quiet boy. Raised by his mother, he learnt very early that the world was not always kind. He didn't know his father, his mother had told him when he was old enough to understand that the man had married her, and then divorced her, and left her with child. He didn't want to know his father. After all, you can't miss what you've never had. But his mother was happy. She taught Herkales all she knew, from Ancient Greece to astronomy to philosophy. Herkales grew, and went to a small local school, where he was surrounded by children his own age. This was relatively new, as it had always been just him and his mother. But he soon made friends, chatting and playing. Unfortunately, he also made an enemy. A young Turkish boy was picking on a smaller child, and Herkales stepped in, protecting the child. This made the Turkish boy bully him, until the boy's father moved him away. Nether less, Herkales worked through school, getting good grades, and eventually went on to achieve a History degree. His mother was so very proud, they celebrated, and she spoke the last words Herkales ever hear her say. "My son, you have given me so much joy. I am so very proud. I love you".

Herkales considered himself relatively lucky. He had the chance to tell his mother that he loved her before she was killed. Not everyone had that opportunity. Coming home the next day, to find his mother not home worried Herkales. He searched the house, and found nothing. Usually, if his mother went shopping, she left a note. But there was no trace of anything. When the phone rang, he picked up quickly, hoping it was his mother, saying how she forgot to leave a note. It was the police. They had found her. Dead. Stabbed in an alleyway. They found the culprit two days later; a Turkish man. This last straw situated a deep hatred of the Turkish people in Herkales. He knew no one person was responsible for an entire people, but still, nearly all of his pain had been caused by Turks. Mind you, he didn't want to kill them all or anything. He wasn't crazy. Soon the man was jailed, and Herkales found himself in his now too empty house. One day, he was thinking about how he should possibly move, when, lo and behold, a letter arrived from an archaeological company he had written to. They had heard of his work, and invited him to go to England, where he would be the local knowledge on Greek history. As much as it pained him to leave his homeland, Herkales accepted, and moved into Gracefield house, eager to meet new people.

Details of their powers:
Cat-like-qualities
Because if sleeping like a cat wasn't enough, the storm added other qualities. Herkales now has sharper hearing and sense of smell, his pupils are slightly less rounded (you probably wouldn't notice unless you paid close attention to it), improved flexibility and balance, and the tendency to purr if he's happy (and sleepy). He also is sometimes able to change his appearance slightly, gaining cat ears and a tail. His eyes also become more cat-like. This will become easier to do as he learns to use his powers. For now, it only happens occasionally.

Mind-sharing
(Please don't mind the name. I could think of how else to put it). Basically, Herkales can share his thoughts with another person, and they can share theirs, so long as the two are touching, and they both are willing. They can share thoughts, memories, perhaps even feelings. This skill may be developed so that Herkales can share his thoughts with a person, but they don't have to show theirs. And with enough practice (and if he's close to the other person), they may be able to share minds without touching. But they still have to be near each other.

RP Sample:
Thunder clapped outside, shaking the Greek man out of his slumber. Usually, Herkales could sleep through any storm. They didn't scare him, and he was a relatively deep sleeper. But something about this storm had awoken him. He stretched, and watched as a bolt of lightning fired though the sky, not too far away from the building.
'I hope it doesn't hurt anyone', he thinks, going to get a drink of water. He brings the glass to his lips as another clap of thunder, much louder this time echoes through the night. The storm was getting closer. Herkales was slightly concerned. This storm was harsh, and it could do a lot of damage. He made his way back to bed, passing by the computer he kept on his desk, when-
CRACK!
A bolt of lightning struck the building, running through every brick and beam, finding its way into the electricity, and, through his computer, struck Herkales.
The pain was incredible. Herkales fell to the floor, feeling the shock run through his body, with a scream. The power ran through him, licking at every fibre of his being. His ears and nose burnt the top of his head and the base of his spine tingled. And his poor brain felt if it had been twisted into a knot. Then, as suddenly as it had begun, it stopped. Herkales didn't move. His entire body ached. He just lay there, and at some point, fell into unconsciousness.

When Herkales awoke the next morning, he was slightly better than when he passed out. His body had recovered some, and he could move. Standing, he placed a hand to his head. It still felt strange. He goes back to the kitchen, to make breakfast. Someone below him was cooking at it made him ravenous. He went to pull something out of the fridge, when suddenly a thought occurred to him.
'Wait. Since when should I smell the cooking from the floor below?' he wondered. He hadn't been able to before the storm that was for sure. He could hear the people too.
'This is strange', he thought as he went to making breakfast. He sat and ate. His eyes going out the window. No signs of serious damage yet. He then moved to the bathroom, taking a shower, and finding the top of his head and base of his spine were still a little sensitive. As he brushed his teeth, Herkales examined his reflection and noticed something off. He leaned in to see his pupils were no longer round. they had almost a lemon shape, pointed at the top and bottom. Almost like cats.
"Okay. This is getting strange", he said aloud. He pulled on his khaki pants, then his favourite white tee over the top. Pulling on his boots, Herkales decides to venture out into the hall, hoping to run into someone else. He hadn't been able to meet any of the residents yet, so he really wanted to make some friends. Pushing aside his strange evening, Herkales wonders off, with a little smile.
'I'll sort things out as they come', he thinks, as he walks, not really having a destination in mind.

~OOC~

Name: Naomi
Timezone/Country: Australia (UTC/GMT +9:30 hours)
A little about yourself: Um.. let's see. I'm actually a cat person (one of the many reasons I love Greece), and I've done philosophy before, and can be quite deep when I want to. I like books, and have tried writting before. I like drawing, even though I'm not very good, and work well with video games and computers. Usually.
I'm relativly new to his kind of thing, so please be kind.
Anything Else?: Favourite colour: Yellow :)
Um... here's the thing. Living in Australia means that I'll be on when generally, people are asleep. During weekends and holidays, I can get on earlier and stay on a little later (generally), but I'll miss most people being on. So forgive me if my replies are delayed. It probably means I'm at school, or asleep. I'll try and be on whenever I can.
Oh! And I'm on Deviant Art. If you don't know what this is, you should check it out. If you do, I'm more than happy to chat about it.

Last edited by Matthew Williams on Wed May 30, 2012 5:04 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixing my horrid spelling. Sorry about that.)
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: Herakles Karpusi // Greece Application   Herakles Karpusi // Greece Application EmptyWed May 16, 2012 8:07 pm

It's quite good, I think, it's pretty detailed :3 but before I can accept you, I really think you need to run it through a spell check, at the very least. There are a lot of small mistakes that if you look it over, that would be great!

You can have an extra week (since it took me so long to get back to you |D) and you have two more tries!
Back to top Go down
Herakles Karpusi

Herakles Karpusi

PostSubject: Thanks for the feedback   Herakles Karpusi // Greece Application EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:12 pm

I'm glad you liked my application! And I'm sorry about my spelling and grammar. I've never been very good with that. I need to start writing in Word where there's a spell check. I've gone over it, and hopefully I've fixed it.
And I don't mind waiting. I understand that you all have lives too. Thanks a bunch!
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: Herakles Karpusi // Greece Application   Herakles Karpusi // Greece Application EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:00 am

Okay, sorry for taking so long.

Well, I'm gonna accept you C: but just uh, be careful because you do sort of swap from calling him Herakles to Herkales. Just watch out for that
Back to top Go down
Herakles Karpusi

Herakles Karpusi

PostSubject: Re: Herakles Karpusi // Greece Application   Herakles Karpusi // Greece Application EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 6:44 pm

It's okay. Thanks! And I'll be sure to keep track of the spelling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Herakles Karpusi // Greece Application   Herakles Karpusi // Greece Application Empty

Back to top Go down

Herakles Karpusi // Greece Application
Page 1 of 1