Lightning Strike
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lightning Strike

A fun APH RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shopping Stress pt 2 - Pie [Halimeda]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Berwald Oxenstierna
Admin
Berwald Oxenstierna

Shopping Stress pt 2 - Pie [Halimeda] Empty
PostSubject: Shopping Stress pt 2 - Pie [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress pt 2 - Pie [Halimeda] EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 4:12 am

Berwald's smile found its way back onto his face. "Y' would? Hn, th'nk y'." He punched in the code for the number pad and pushed open the door, pausing to hold it open for Hali. Actually, no, his new friend. Berwald was chuffed about that. Hali was nice and Berwald liked it when she smiled at him and did things like patting his arm. People didn't often do that to him, it was great. He paused at the stairs and looked at the lift. Maybe this once he should use it. He pushed the button and turned to Hali. "Y' want t' stop at y'r house, I assume? 'll be at my pl'ce. Floor 8. Th' door'll be open," He offered.
Back to top Go down
https://lightningstrike.rpg-board.net
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Stress pt 2 - Pie [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress pt 2 - Pie [Halimeda] EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:39 am

"You're welcome." She smiled at him and slipped into the building. Her first inclination was to head for the stairs, since Berwald didn't seem like the type to use the elevator, so it was a pleasant surprise to see him go for the elevator instead of the stairs. Halimeda bounced over to stand next to him in waiting for the device to come down to the first floor. She nodded in response to his question, shooting him a bright smile. "I would like to, yes. I'll meet you there then." It would be exciting.
Back to top Go down
Berwald Oxenstierna
Admin
Berwald Oxenstierna

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Stress pt 2 - Pie [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress pt 2 - Pie [Halimeda] EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:56 am

Berwald slipped into the lift and waited for Hali to step on with him before hitting the '3' and the '8' buttons, causing them both to light up a nice red colour. The door slid shut and the lift started to rattle upwards. It wasn't particularly fast, Berwald reckoned he could have run the length of the stairs and gotten all the way to the 8th floor before the lift reached the 7th. He shuffled his feet awkwardly. "I'll try t' work out wh't equipm'nt we need..." If he remembered that cooking show correctly, didn't he need some sort of... Bunch of stones? To make the crust keep it's shape? Or had he just made that up on the spot? If not, what would he use as a replacement? He frowned and cleaned his glasses.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Stress pt 2 - Pie [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress pt 2 - Pie [Halimeda] EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:47 am

She skipped into the elevator and beamed at him when he pressed the buttons. "You're such a gentleman." She nodded, adjusting her grip on her bags. Halimeda shook her head, smiling at him. "Don't you worry about that Berwald, I have all of the things I need to make the pie in my apartment. I'll bring it all up to your place, okay?" She rested a gentle hand on his arm, giving him a soft look. "You just make sure the door is open for me." Hali nodded and moved away as the door opened for her floor, stepping out of the elevator. "I'll see you up there." She waved and walked quickly to her apartment.
Back to top Go down
Berwald Oxenstierna
Admin
Berwald Oxenstierna

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Stress pt 2 - Pie [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress pt 2 - Pie [Halimeda] EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 6:56 am

"If y'r sure..." He watched Hali bubble happily (She looked quite bubbly in Berwald's eyes anyway), and nodded. "The door'll be op'n." Floor 3 was not very far away, so Hali was not in the elevator for long. Once she was off, it started to rise up again and Berwald watched the indicator above the door telling him he was getting closer to his own floor. It reached the top and the doors opened with the little 'Ping' sound that Berwald found strangely satisfying. He gathered his things and hurried over to his apartment, opened it, and went inside, leaving the door wide open and inviting. He put all of the things he bought in their correct places and set the tin of cherries on the counter, waiting to be used. Glancing at his wrist-watch, he took a seat in the kitchen and stared at the open doorway, waiting for Halimeda to appear.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Stress pt 2 - Pie [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress pt 2 - Pie [Halimeda] EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 12:39 pm

Getting all of her things put away, Halimeda quickly went through her kitchen to get the things she needed for pie. It was a good thing that Berwald was going to be providing the filling, because she didn't have that here - she never had pie fillings at her apartment, they reminded her too much of work. Shaking her head, she grabbed one of her many totes and put the stuff into it, making sure to grab measuring utensils and her recipe. She couldn't just assume that Berwald had those things, and the recipe was super important for the crust. Hali went back to the elevator and rode up to Berwald's floor, stepping off there and looking down the hall to see which was his. It was actually pretty easy, considering there was only one open door to be seen. Going over to it and standing in the door way, she paused. It was actually pretty creepy to have him staring like that. "Um... hi!" She put a smile on her face.
Back to top Go down
Berwald Oxenstierna
Admin
Berwald Oxenstierna

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Stress pt 2 - Pie [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress pt 2 - Pie [Halimeda] EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:36 am

There was a nice, loud 'ding' from the elevator and Berwald's eyes flicked towards sound, even if he couldn't quite see the elevator from where his room was. He watched Hali approach with the items she said to be collecting and paused for a moment to greet her with a friendly (At least, he thought it was friendly) grunt. Standing, he ushered her inside with a flick of the wrist before shutting the door behind her. He pointed at the spot next to his own shoes and said, "Y' can take off y'r shoes 'n' put them ov'r there." Next, he reached over to the hooks which mainly held coats, and took down two aprons. They were from his mother, so they were baby blue ("To match your eyes, dear!") and frilly ("It's all the rage with us mothers, you know!"), much to Berwald's displeasure. Still, he wasn't one to complain, and offered one of them to Hali so that she wouldn't get her clothes dirty.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Stress pt 2 - Pie [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress pt 2 - Pie [Halimeda] EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 9:58 am

Berwald was a very confusing man. An eager one as well, but mostly confusing. Grunting had to be one of the most primitive ways of saying hello that Halimeda had ever seen, and he was terrible at being gentle. She stepped into his apartment and looked around, amazed at how clean it was. She had expected there to be more dirt for some reason. "Alright." She smiled at him and toed her shoes off, putting them with his and being briefly amused at the very large difference in sizes. It was kind of amazing. Shaking her head, she looked up as a blue apron was suddenly put in her face. "Oh, thank you." Halimeda put it on and gently placed her things on the kitchen counter before tying her hair back. "So, what do you know about baking?" She wondered, getting out various little bowls for the ingredients.
Back to top Go down
Berwald Oxenstierna
Admin
Berwald Oxenstierna

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Stress pt 2 - Pie [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress pt 2 - Pie [Halimeda] EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:59 am

Berwald squeezed into his apron, feeling slightly awkward, and followed Halimeda into the kitchen to watch her put down the things she brought in there. He glanced over them momentarily before focussing his gaze back on her. "Hn?" Truth be told, he didn't know much in the desert department. "I..." What was the last thing he baked? Berwald couldn't remember. He scratched his head and squinted at the ceiling, trying to think, but it wasn't coming to him. "D'n't know," He eventually confessed, furrowing his brows. "I m'stly cook usin' th' pans... I roast meat sometimes if th't's anythin' like 't," He offered, but he didn't think it counted. "'S th't a problem?" He hoped not. The whole reason Halimeda was here was to help him bake this pie.
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Stress pt 2 - Pie [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress pt 2 - Pie [Halimeda] EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 9:26 am

Tilting her head as she measured out all of the things she needed, Halimeda gave Berwald an amused look. "No, I suppose it's not a problem, but it would have been nice to have something to work off of." Because roasting meat was just a matter of splashing some sauce and spices on the thing and putting it in the oven, checking every so often that it hadn't burnt to a crisp. But no matter - she could teach him how to make a pie. Preheating the oven, she set about teaching him what he needed to know. "Obviously, the first thing you need for a pie is the crust. So, you need to mix the ingredients together like so," she demonstrated for him what to do (this part took a few minutes) "and then pour it into a tin. Now, to be honest, I don't know if this is an accepted method, but to make sure the crust keeps its shape I just put a second pie tin right on top of the dough." She did that and smiled at him. "And then you put it in the oven." Which Halimeda preceded to do.
Back to top Go down
Berwald Oxenstierna
Admin
Berwald Oxenstierna

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Stress pt 2 - Pie [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress pt 2 - Pie [Halimeda] EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:32 am

Berwald watched curiously as Halimeda made the crust. It looked easy enough... Maybe. He nodded along to everything she did, from turning on the oven to putting one pie tin over the other. While it made sense when Halimeda explained it, that part baffled Berwald. He wouldn't have thought to do that, he would've just trusted that the crust wasn't about to fall in on itself... Which was probably why he wasn't the one doing the cooking. Once the pie crust was in the oven, Berwald confirmed quietly that he had understood what Halimeda had done with an "I see," and another nod. He then reached over to the tin of cherries and the tin opener, holding them up. "I take 't we need th's now?" Whether they needed it yet or not, Berwald thought he'd be helpful and open it for when they did need it. He hooked the opener on the rim of the tin and wound it around the circumference, cutting through the metal effectively.

Once it was almost nearly open, Berwald pulled back the lid like a flap. A cherry slopped over the side by accident because the dent made it difficult to hold the contents upright. Berwald shot out his other hand, muttering "Oops..." as he did so. The cherry hit his palm, and the moment it did, there was a loud popping noise and a green shoot, very much alive and well, burst out of the center of the, very much preserved, cherry. Berwald let out a very uncharacteristic cry and dropped it onto the table. By the time it hit the wood, the shoot had leaves springing up, and a dark ripe cherry, fresh and unpicked, dangling from it. "I... Uh..." If Berwald was honest, he wasn't entirely sure what happened.

(( ;; I hope this was worth the wait ))
Back to top Go down
Former Fem!Greece

Former Fem!Greece

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Stress pt 2 - Pie [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress pt 2 - Pie [Halimeda] EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 10:22 pm

Berwald was a fast learner - Halimeda hadn't actually suspected that of him, simply assuming that he would be watching her as she worked and then reaping the benefits of her work, but he was actively participating and helping her. And it was nicer than she expected, working with someone else to bake. "The pie crust only needs to stay in long enough for it to keep its shape without the second pie tin on top of it, so just a few minutes should be enough." She set his timer for ten minutes just to be sure and turned to him when he picked up the can of cherries. "We do need that now, yes." Hali nodded and smiled at him.

She giggled a little when one of the cherries fell out, prepared to tell him that one small cherry wouldn't really make a difference in the filling when he caught the little thing in the palm of his hand. Halimeda jumped and squeaked at the popping noise, backing away at the sight of the cherry growing something green, and stared at the new cherry plant present on Berwald's table. "That's... what did you just do?" She wondered, moving closer and lightly poking the dangling cherry. It didn't fall off, the way Hali expected it to, and she was almost tempted to eat it. But that would have been silly - who knows how the plant managed to grow like that? What if the cherry was infected or poisoned? She decided not to risk it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Stress pt 2 - Pie [Halimeda]   Shopping Stress pt 2 - Pie [Halimeda] Empty

Back to top Go down

Shopping Stress pt 2 - Pie [Halimeda]
Page 1 of 1